Terms & Conditions:
We don’t want you to be boring and sensible ...we just want you (and us!) to be safe :]
Please take a read of this page, as we're all legally bound by its Terms.
If there's anything you don't understand, feel free to give us a call!
About the Company
Faceparty is operated by "I Blame Television Ltd" ["The Company"] ...a company registered in England & Wales [Registration number 07318544]. Our registered office is at:
I Blame Television Ltd
Suite 5, Melville House
However, that address is just for accountancy, tax and boring legal stuff. If you're a member, you should contact us at the following address instead:
I Blame Television Ltd
PO Box 184
Tel: 0845 459 9369
From outside of the UK please dial +44 (0) 845 459 9369.
Fax: 0845 459 9361
From outside of the UK please dial +44 (0) 845 459 9361.
Government guidelines suggest a minimum age of 14 to use Social Media. However, Faceparty [the "Website"] has optionally decided to increase its minimum age to 18. This is not a legal requirement …just something we believe is right for our community. However, we ask you to respect this.
You are responsible for making sure your contact information is always accurate and up-to-date. You must not provide false information, or details belonging to someone else. If you register a mobile or cellular phone with Faceparty, you agree to let us know within a few days, so that whoever gets your old number doesn't get your messages.
• You will not create more than one account.
• You must not create an account for anyone else without their permission.
• If we disable or delete your account, you will not make another without our permission.
• You must not sell or give your account to someone else without our permission.
• You will not use Faceparty if you are a convicted sex offender nor if you have been convicted of hacking, spamming or any other malicious computer related crime.
• You cannot create a Commercial Account [such as a Profile for a Business] without prior written permission.
• You must not create a Member Name that could mislead anybody [intentionally or otherwise] into believing you are a member of Faceparty staff or an Administrator.
• You must not create a Member Name which infringes the trademarks of any Organisation.
• We reserve the right to terminate any account in violation of these rules without penalty or compensation.
• Never tell anyone your password!
• Choose strong passwords. Use at least 8 digits and a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
• We will never ask you for your password ...ever. If "someone from Faceparty" asks you for your password, then they aren't from Faceparty and it's a scam.
• Don’t share your account with anyone else.
• Always log out if you use a shared computer [such as at work, a web cafe or a college].
Play Nicely :)
We all have different boundaries. Some things upset others, that wouldn’t upset you. Faceparty has its own culture and moral standing. Like any culture it will be too extreme for some and too soft for others. It's important to make clear exactly where our boundaries are. This helps you decide whether Faceparty is the right website for you, how to behave while you’re here and exactly what’s expected from you.
Respect other members ...it’s their right to be here as much as yours!
• You will not bully, threaten, intimidate or harass another Member.
• You will not engage in any form of hate-fuelled or discriminatory behavior including but not limited to racism or homophobia.
• You will not use Faceparty for any illegal activity [this extends to the laws of your own Country as well as England, UK].
• You will not engage in anything misleading or malicious.
• You will not engage in any obsessive behavior towards another Member [for example but not limited to Stalking and "Trolling"].
• You will respect the private lives of our Members and refrain from taking actions to locate the Member either elsewhere on the Internet or in their "real life" without their consent.
• You must not engage in any form of public "Exposés" which set out to defame the character of another Member.
• "NO" means "NO!"
• We reserve the right to ban you immediately, without penalty, explanation or compensation, if you violate any of our Terms and Conditions.
You must not publish anything on your Profile that would violate the terms of this Agreement, nor must you upload anything [including music or videos] unless you have full permission to do so.
You will not use a Profile to impersonate somebody else.
You must not pretend to be a member of Faceparty Staff or to have any form of administrative privileges. Nor must you do anything which could mislead another member into believing you could be a member of Staff, intentionally or otherwise. This includes uploading administrator logos to your profile, making false claims or registering Member Names which could mislead.
Hacking & Viruses:
• You will not upload, post or exchange viruses or other malicious software, script/s or code, nor will you commission anybody else [or a program] to do so.
• You will not attempt to acquire another Member’s password, nor log in to their account.
• You will not participate in anything [no matter how indirectly] that could disable, impair or render unavailable or unenjoyable any Service, Feature or Member Account on Faceparty [for example, but not limited to, a Denial of Service (DOS) Attack].
• You will not engage in any Phishing, Scam, Scraping or any other attempt to mislead or defraud any Member, business or search engine in any way related to Faceparty.
• You agree to indemnify us against any financial losses caused by your behavior, should you participate in any form of hacking or malicious attack against Faceparty.
Spam & Bots:
Spam is not tolerated. In this document, the definition of 'Spam' shall mean;
• Any form of Electronic Message sent manually or automatically with a purpose of marketing a Commercial Product or Service.
• Any form of Advertisement posted on a Profile, Comment, Forum, Chat Room or any other service we may offer from time to time, with a sole purpose of exploiting Faceparty and its Members to market your Commercial Product or Service.
• Any form of Data Capture whatsoever [for example automated systems, harvesting bots, messages or comments acquiring or requesting Email Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Postal Addresses or the Usernames for MSN Messenger, BBM, Skype or any other Messaging Product] for the purpose of later selling the information or using the information to engage in Marketing Activities.
By joining Faceparty and having agreed to its terms, you agree not to send or engage in any form of Spam.
You further agree that should you break your agreement in this matter you will pay for the service in which you have unlawfully engaged, as if it were a commercial engagement and such agreement is accepted [by you] and thereafter lawfully binding.
The Charges you agree to [when participating in Spam] are as follows: £25.00 [+ VAT where applicable] for every Profile made plus a fee as per our current advertising rate card for every (a) individual Spam Message sent, or (b) individual Harvested Contact captured, or (c) per individual view or impression upon any form of unauthorised advertisement, for example an intentional Spam Profile. You agree to pay these fees along with any associated costs incurred by (a) the prevention and detection of your activities and (b) the pursuit of this debt, to Faceparty immediately upon demand.
If The Charges remain unpaid, a Court Order may be granted to enable the Court’s Bailiffs to seize your property, car or house for auction. In addition, your details may be handed to the Police and your Service Provider.
Scrolling & Flooding:
You must not engage in any form of activity designed to intentionally cause disruption on Faceparty. This includes [but is not limited to] any form of obsessively posted text, comment or posting [either manually or automatically] which renders the service unusable or unenjoyable.
You agree to indemnify us against any financial losses caused by your behavior [including costs and related expenses], should you participate in any form of DOS Attack, including Scrolling and Flooding.
Photos & Videos:
• You will not post content that is hateful, could be considered by others to be disturbing or upsetting, incites violence or contains graphic or gratuitous violence; including [but not limited to] tortured, dead or mutilated bodies of humans or any other animals.
• You will not post images or videos stolen from another Member, or stolen from any other person [Member or not].
• You will not upload pictures of children.
• You will not misrepresent yourself by means of pictures or videos of another person.
• Your Default Pic [the main picture that appears on your Profile] will respect our Dress Code in that:
• It must be of your true likeness [and not a picture of someone else].
• It must contain your face.
• Make an effort ..and SMILE! Your photo should be welcoming in line with our community spirit :]
• Your face must not be so close to the camera as that it appears "intrusive" to other members.
• You must not be wearing work attire, or any form of dress-suit or uniform. Pictures in your galleries can have work clothes, suits and uniforms …just not your default pic. This is because some people come here to "forget about work" and we don’t want you to remind them! This is a place of Play and not a place of Work!
• Football and Sports photos are prohibited as default pictures, but permitted in your galleries. This is because they are "too real world" for the culture we wish to create.
• Respect that we, like many clubs, have a Dress Code.
• If you do not respect the Dress Code, you may be asked to leave or have your account terminated.
• Exceptions are at our sole and revocable discretion.
• You will not upload pictures or videos containing your friends [or other people] without their express permission.
• Adult Content:
We're not prudes ...yet we're not a "porn site" either! We understand some of you like to express yourself sexually or by running around naked with flowers in your hair. We're ok with that, so long as it's in agreement with these Terms:
• You will not upload content containing minors.
• You will not upload anything illegal.
To make it easy for you to understand where our boundaries are, you can ask yourself the following questions. If the answer to these questions is "yes", then we're probably cool with it. If it's "no" your content will probably get deleted. Still, this should make our boundaries clear.
• Would your content be similar [or safer] to content that would be displayed on the adult / 'porn' TV channels of a family hotel chain, such as The Hilton or The Holiday Inn?
• Would your content be similar [or safer] to content that is available to purchase from the 'adult top shelf' of a respectable and mainstream high-street newsagent [such as WHSmiths]?
• You will not upload any imagery depicting rape or violent assault [including roleplay or simulation] nor will you upload anything which could be described as "hardcore" or "sado-masochism".
• You will not upload content containing anybody else without their express permission.
• You will mark all Adult Content [including simple or artistic nudity and any illustration of nudity] as Adult, when you upload it.
• You will respect the laws of your own country as well as the laws of England, UK.
• You will not upload imagery which could intentionally [or otherwise] lower the tone of the Member Base or the Website.
• We reserve the right to delete any image, without notice or liability.
Sex & Cam Whores:
You may not use Faceparty to solicit prostitution, nor to sell sexual services [this includes charging for a webcam show].
If you are well acquainted with another member, your conduct in private is none of our concern [so long as you're not using Faceparty for anything illegal]. When contacting new people on Faceparty, stick to the rules of General Conduct.
Your profile will be deleted if it repeatedly or seriously violates our Terms & Conditions. If your account is deleted, it is our way of saying, "you have been banned from using our services" and such a ban is final and permanent. Proceeding to make a new account, after such a ban and without our express written permission, is prohibited and doing so will result in the following charges, for which you contractually agree to settle in full.
Repeat offences, which cause harm or distress to our Company or our Members, will result in the following charges: (A) No charge for the first 5 accounts and (B) a charge of £25 per account for the next 10 accounts and (C) a charge of £250 per account for any further accounts. This is separate to and does not waive any claim for damages.
The reason for these fees is to discourage unacceptable behaviour within our community and to fund and allow us to cover our administration costs in administrating such behaviour. In addition, such fees fund the legal costs in taking action against offenders, in order to aim for a "pest free community".
If ever you need to call, email or write to our crew, staff or support team then please remember your manners. Abusive behavior is not acceptable and may lead to prosecution.
Please do your bit and report technical faults ...and people causing trouble! You can use the links in the contact Section [and for abusive members, the links on their Profiles too]. It's everyone's responsibility to do this ...including yours! You're fully anonymous when you report someone and please don't think it's bad to do so [we're not at school!]. Reporting does sound a bit 'lame' but it really does make the place better :]
Don't encourage others to misbehave!
If you’re struggling with something [such as understanding how to use a feature on Faceparty], you are always very welcome to give us a call. Remember, there's a whole heap of other Members who can give you help and advice on how to use stuff ...and it's good for you to interact!
While we can't guarantee the safety of Faceparty, we do our best to make it as safe as possible ...and you play a vital role in this too!
Refunds & Cancellations
You can cancel or suspend your account at any time, by using the tools provided in the Settings section of your account.
Cancelling a Paid For Service:
You can cancel any premium subscription to Faceparty [such as an AVS or Cool Tools subscription] whenever you like, at any time and without further charges or penalties :)
Billing & Order Helpline:
Call us on 0845 459 9369.
From outside of the UK please dial +44 (0) 845 459 9369.
I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF, United Kingdom.
We hope you will be pleased with your purchase :]
If any item arrived damaged or unuseable, then please give us a call!
Should you wish to return anything tangible [physical items, such as T-Shirts or Keyrings], that were bought from us, we’ll happily refund or exchange a product provided its still in a fully resalable condition. Returns should be made within a resalable time [14 days] and in the original, undamaged packaging.
Returns should be made to I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF, United Kingdom. Remember to include your Returns [or Delivery] Note if you have one …if not, remember to give us your Full Name, Address, Member Name and Phone Number [so we know who you are and so we can get in touch if there’s any problems]. Make clear whether you want a replacement item or a refund. If you can, please call us first.
If we find that a physical item has not been returned to us in a fully resalable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item.
If you're returning a physical item because it is damaged or defective, or because of an error on our part, we will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and pay for your costs in returning it to us :]
We regret that we cannot offer refunds for Event Tickets, unless the event is cancelled.
Refunds for any online services [such as AVS or Cool Tools] are governed by the Service Level Agreement, lower down on this page.
Delivery of Goods:
Please allow 14 days for the delivery of physical goods [such as T-Shirts etc]. If the item you are ordering is custom made for you, then please allow an additional 28 days for delivery.
Products we are Unable to Refund or Exchange:
We are unable to offer a refund or exchange on any specially ordered or customised products [for example a T-Shirt with your name on].
We will refund your original delivery charge when a product is faulty or damaged, but not when a product is simply unwanted.
If you believe or discover that an unauthorised transaction has taken place from your account, you agree that you will notify us immediately.
When you make a payment, you confirm that you are permitted to use the payment source.
If your payment results in an overdraft [or other fee] from your bank, you alone are responsible for such fees.
To the fullest extend permitted by law you waive all claims against us relating to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
You are responsible for and agree to re-imburse us for all charge-backs, fees, fines, penalties and other liabilities incurred by us [including costs and related expenses] that were caused by or arising out of any Fraudulent Payments made by you [for example if you use a stolen credit card] or any Fraudulent Claims made by you in relation to payments that you authorised or accepted [for example, pretending a genuine transaction was fraud to your bank, which resulted in us being fined].
Service Levels and Liabilities
Service Level Agreement:
• You agree to notify us immediately of any bug, error, omission or fault.
• We try our hardest to make sure our services are always available to you. However, we cannot guarantee it. This is because servers [like any computers] can sometimes break and because we are dependent on third party services [such as internet connections] which can sometimes fail.
• We aim for an uptime of 99.9%.
• For the purposes of assessing refunds and calculating compensation, the Service Level Agreement [SLA] is 95% of availability and up-time in any calendar month. This means that you agree to and expect outages amounting to a total of 5% of the availability of the Website [in any calendar month] judged either by time [the duration of outages divided by duration of the month] or page impressions [the quantity of error pages divided by the total number of pages served in a month].
• For the purposes of assessing refunds and calculating compensation, a page will be deemed correctly served so long as it loads fully and correctly before your browser initiates a time-out.
• These Terms & Conditions form a legally binding Agreement between us.
• If we fail to enforce any part of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver, nor will it imply acceptance or tolerance of any behavior.
• Any waiver to any part of this Agreement must be agreed by [and signed by] us.
• We all agree to settle legal matters in the courts of England and Wales in the United Kingdom.
• If a provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement in whole or part.
• Headings in this Agreement are only for convenience and shall not be used in interpreting, construing, performing or enforcing this Agreement.
• You agree that we may communicate with you electronically in relation to or for the issuing of any Notices in terms of this Agreement. This may be by email, Faceparty Message or a notice published on the website.
• You may be presented with additional Terms & Conditions, relating to a specifc Purchase, Service, Event, Party or Product [for example if you purchase an AVS or Cool Tools]. In these instances, those additional terms will also apply.
• For the benefit of this Agreement, the word "Member" which refers to a Member of the Website [and its plural "Members"] shall extend to include Members of Staff and Guest Users.
• You consent to the Assignment or Transfer of (a) this Agreement (b) of your Data and (c) of your Purchases or Payment Details and (d) of your Member Account to the Assignee, should the Assignee purchase the Website or be appointed as a Management Company for the Website. We guarantee that such Assignment or Transfer would only be made if the Assignee is trustworthy, a Registered Data Controller and PCI DSS Compliant.
• If anyone brings a claim against us related to (a) your behavior on or in relation to Faceparty, or (b) the content you uploaded on to Faceparty, you indemnify us and hold us harmless against and from all losses, damages and expenses [including but not limited to reasonable legal fees and costs] related to such claim.
There we go ...it wasn't too bad, was it!
OK ...so please remember; this Agreement isn't about creating an "us and you". We're all in this together and hopefully we' re all on the same side, in making this a buzzing and fun place to be :]
We're not Monsters ...we're not gonna jump on you, with the fullest extent of the law, unless you really push us to do so. These Terms & Conditions simply give us the power to do so, if we need to. The Terms & Conditions really do only exist to make the place safe and more fun.
We hope this Agreement sets the foundations for an awesome and healthy relationship :]
Most of all, we hope you really enjoy your time on Faceparty!
Time for a Change?
Sometimes, we need to change our Terms & Conditions. For example, a law might change. If we make any changes, we'll let you know about them here ...in addition, we'll send you a message about it :)
Keep in Touch!
Any trubble, give us a call on 0845 459 9369 or pop a rant in the post to:
I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF, United Kingdom.
Calls charged at standard local rates. From outside of the UK please dial +44 (0) 845 459 9369.