Terms & Conditions:
By using our website you accept, understand and agree to these Terms & Conditions.
If there's anything you don't understand, feel free to give us a call!
About the Company
Faceparty is owned by Intellectual Property and Data Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales [Registration number 07628385], and is operated and managed under licence/license by "I Blame Television Ltd" ["The Company"] ...a company registered in England & Wales [Registration number 07318544]. All enquiries and legal matters should be addressed directly to The Company at their registered office:
I Blame Television Ltd
42 High Street
However, that address is just for accountancy, tax and legal matters. If you're a member, you should contact us at the following address instead:
I Blame Television Ltd
PO Box 184
Tel: 0800 865 4865
Calls are free from within the UK. From outside of the UK please click here.
As part of our commitment to making Faceparty [the "Website"] a great place to meet and interact with others around the world, you agree to abide by our Terms & Conditions. Specific features and services may also have additional guidelines which govern your use, so be sure to review them in addition to these Terms & Conditions.
The Website offers its Members the ability to create their own areas and content. While we do our best to police the Website, the Company is not responsible for the content or activities in any user-created areas; the creators are required to agree to and uphold these Terms & Conditions. If you see anything you believe might violate these Terms & Conditions, please report it to us, using the tools available.
Government guidelines suggest a minimum age of 14 to use Social Media. Regardless, we have decided to impose a minimum age of 18. This is not a legal requirement …just something we believe is right for our community. However, we ask you to uphold this.
Because it can be difficult to enforce the true age of an anonymous web user;
• Aside from the voluntary minimum age we have imposed, Faceparty is not classified as an adult website. However, certain features of the Website do require you to be over 18 ["Restricted Content"]. In these instances;
• We will ask you to prove your age, with our Adult Verification, before allowing you to view any Restricted Content.
• You agree not to share your viewing of any Restricted Content with a minor.
• If you are outside of the United Kingdom, the minimum age to view Restricted Content could be higher than 18. You must also respect the laws of your own country and/or state.
• You agree to keep your password safe.
• You must not pretend to be of an age which is different to your real age, if by doing so it is likely to mislead another into believing that you are a minor when you are an adult, or that you are an adult when you are a minor, or that you are peers.
• You agree to report anyone who looks under 18, or says they are under 18, or otherwise breaks our Terms & Conditions, using the links provided.
You are responsible for making sure your contact information is always accurate and up-to-date. You must not provide false information, or details belonging to someone else.
• You will not create more than one account.
• You must not create an account for anyone else without their permission.
• If we disable or delete your account, you will not make another without our permission.
• You must not sell or give your account to someone else without our permission.
• You will not use Faceparty if you are a convicted sex offender nor if you have been convicted of hacking, spamming or any other malicious computer related crime.
• You cannot create a Commercial Account [such as a Profile for a Business] without prior written permission.
• You must not create a Member Name that could mislead anybody [intentionally or otherwise] into believing you are a member of Faceparty staff or an Administrator.
• You must not create a Member Name which infringes the trademarks of any Organisation.
• We reserve the right to terminate any account in violation of these rules without penalty or compensation.
• Never tell anyone your password!
• Choose strong passwords. Use at least 8 digits and a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
• We will never ask you for your password ...ever. If "someone from Faceparty" asks you for your password, then they aren't from Faceparty and it's a scam.
• Don’t share your account with anyone else.
• Always log out if you use a shared computer [such as at work, a college, or in a coffee shop].
Play Nicely :)
We all have different boundaries. Some things upset others, that wouldn't upset you. Faceparty has its own culture and moral standing, so it's important to make clear exactly where our boundaries are. This helps you decide whether Faceparty is the right website for you, how to behave while you’re here and exactly what’s expected from you.
Respect other members ...it’s their right to be here as much as yours!
• You will not bully, threaten, intimidate or harass another Member.
• You will not engage in any form of hate-fuelled or discriminatory behaviour/behavior including but not limited to racism or homophobia.
• You will not use Faceparty for any illegal activity [this extends to the laws of your own Country as well as England, UK].
• You will not engage in anything misleading or malicious.
• You will not engage in any obsessive behaviour/behavior towards another Member [for example but not limited to Stalking and "Trolling"].
• You will respect the private lives of our Members and refrain from taking actions to locate the Member either elsewhere on the Internet or in their "real life" without their consent.
• You must not engage in any form of public "Exposés" which set out to defame the character of another Member.
• "NO" means "NO!"
• We reserve the right to ban you immediately, without penalty, explanation or compensation, if you violate any of our Terms and Conditions.
You must not publish anything on your Profile or elsewhere on the Website that would violate the terms of this Agreement, nor must you upload anything [including but not limited to pictures, music or videos] unless you have full permission to do so.
You will not use a Profile to impersonate somebody else.
You must not publish another person's contact information, such as their address or telephone number, anywhere on the Website.
While we have provided you with the ability to self-rate and categorise/categorize the content which you create or upload to the Website, The Company reserves the right to change the rating or re-categorise/re-categorize all user-generated content.
You must not pretend to be a member of Faceparty Staff or to have any form of administrative privileges. You must not do anything which could mislead another member into believing that you could be a member of Staff, intentionally or otherwise. This includes uploading administrator logos to your profile, making false claims or registering Member Names which could mislead.
Hacking & Viruses:
• You will not upload, post or exchange viruses or other malicious software, script/s or code, nor will you commission anybody else [or a program] to do so.
• You will not attempt to acquire another Member’s password, nor log in to their account.
• You will not participate in anything [no matter how indirectly] that could disable, impair or render unavailable or unenjoyable any Service, Feature or Member Account on Faceparty [for example, but not limited to, a Denial of Service (DOS) Attack].
• You will not engage in any Phishing, Scam, Scraping or any other attempt to mislead or defraud any Member, business or search engine in any way related to Faceparty.
• You agree to indemnify The Company against any financial losses caused by your behaviour/behavior, should you participate in any form of hacking or malicious attack against Faceparty.
Spam & Bots:
Spam is not tolerated. In this document, the definition of 'Spam' shall mean;
• Any form of Electronic Message sent manually or automatically with a purpose of marketing a Commercial Product or Service.
• Any form of Advertisement posted on a Profile, Comment, Forum, Chat Room or any other service we may offer from time to time, with a sole purpose of exploiting Faceparty and its Members to market your Commercial Product or Service.
• Any form of Data Capture whatsoever [for example automated systems, harvesting bots, messages or comments acquiring or requesting Email Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Postal Addresses or the Usernames for MSN Messenger, BBM, Skype or any other Messaging Product] for the purpose of later selling the information or using the information to engage in Marketing Activities.
By joining Faceparty and having agreed to its terms, you agree not to send or engage in any form of Spam.
You further agree that should you break your agreement in this matter you will pay for the service in which you have unlawfully engaged, as if it were a commercial engagement and such agreement is accepted [by you] and thereafter lawfully binding.
The Charges you agree to [when participating in Spam] are as follows: £25.00 [+ VAT where applicable] for every Profile made plus a fee as per our current advertising rate card for every (a) individual Spam Message sent, or (b) individual Harvested Contact captured, or (c) per individual view or impression upon any form of unauthorised advertisement, for example an intentional Spam Profile. You agree to pay these fees along with any associated costs incurred by (a) the prevention and detection of your activities and (b) the pursuit of this debt, to The Company immediately upon demand.
If The Charges remain unpaid, a Court Order may be granted to enable the Court’s Bailiffs to seize your property, car or house for auction. In addition, your details may be handed to the Police and your Service Provider.
Scrolling & Flooding:
You must not engage in any form of activity designed to intentionally cause disruption on Faceparty. This includes [but is not limited to] any form of obsessively posted text, comment or posting [either manually or automatically] which renders the service unusable or unenjoyable.
You must not take active steps to increase your page hit counter, or search result ranking, by purposeful repetitive use or page refreshing techniques, nor engage in any other activity that will affect your status in a way which is unfair to other members.
You agree to indemnify The Company against any financial losses caused by your behaviour/behavior [including costs and related expenses], should you participate in any form of DOS Attack, including Scrolling and Flooding.
Photos & Videos:
• You will not post content that is hateful, could be considered by others to be disturbing or upsetting, incites violence or contains graphic or gratuitous violence; including [but not limited to] tortured, dead or mutilated bodies of humans or any other animals.
• You will not post images or videos stolen from another Member, or stolen from any other person [Member or not].
• Do not upload any material which is protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights to do so, or have received all necessary consents.
• You will not upload pictures of children.
• You will not misrepresent yourself by means of pictures or videos of another person.
• Your Default Pic [the main picture that appears on your Profile] will respect our Dress Code in that:
• It must be of your true likeness [and not a picture of someone else].
• It must contain your face.
• Make an effort ..and SMILE! Your photo should be welcoming in line with our community spirit :]
• Your face must not be so close to the camera as that it appears "intrusive" to other members.
• You must not be wearing work attire, or any form of dress-suit or uniform. Pictures in your galleries can have work clothes, suits and uniforms …just not your default pic. This is because some people come here to "forget about work" and we don’t want you to remind them! This is a place of Play and not a place of Work!
• Football and Sports photos are prohibited as default pictures, but permitted in your galleries.
• Respect that we, like many clubs, have a Dress Code.
• If you do not respect the Dress Code, you may be asked to leave or have your account terminated.
• Exceptions are at our sole and revocable discretion.
• You will not upload pictures or videos containing your friends [or other people] without their express permission.
• Adult Content:
We're not prudes ...yet we're not a "porn site" either! We understand some of you like to express yourself sexually or by running around naked with flowers in your hair. We're OK with that, so long as it's in agreement with these Terms:
• You will not upload content containing minors.
• You will not upload anything illegal.
To make it easy for you to understand where our boundaries are, you can ask yourself the following questions. If the answer to these questions is "yes", then we're probably cool with it. If it's "no" your content will probably get deleted. Still, this should make our boundaries clear.
• Would your content be similar [or safer] to content that would be displayed on the adult / 'porn' TV channels of a family hotel chain, such as The Hilton or The Holiday Inn?
• Would your content be similar [or safer] to content that is available to purchase from the 'adult top shelf' of a respectable and mainstream high-street newsagent [such as WHSmith]?
• You will not upload any imagery depicting rape or violent assault [including role-play or simulation] nor will you upload anything which could be described as "hardcore" or "sadomasochism".
• You will not upload content containing anybody else without their express permission.
• You will mark all Adult Content [including simple or artistic nudity and any illustration of nudity] as Adult, when you upload it.
• You will respect the laws of your own country as well as the laws of England, UK.
• You will not upload imagery which could intentionally [or otherwise] lower the tone of the Member Base or the Website.
• We reserve the right to delete any image, without notice or liability.
• Faceparty has not been designed as the primary place to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to Faceparty such as photos, videos, documents and software, along with any intellectual property (such as a poem you may have written). The Company is not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials that you have uploaded to the Website.
• The rules that apply to imagery also apply to videos, music, software, documents and text.
SOLICITATION & CAM SHOWS:
You may not use Faceparty to solicit prostitution, nor to sell sexual services [this includes charging for a webcam show].
If you are well acquainted with another member, your conduct in private is none of our concern [so long as you're not using Faceparty for anything illegal]. When contacting new people on Faceparty, stick to the rules of General Conduct.
Your Profile will be deleted if it repeatedly or seriously violates our Terms & Conditions. If your account is deleted, it is our way of saying, "you have been banned from using our services" and such a ban is final and permanent. Proceeding to make a new account, after such a ban and without our express written permission, is prohibited and doing so will result in the following charges, for which you contractually agree to settle in full.
Repeat offences, which cause harm or distress to our Company or our Members, will result in the following charges: (A) No charge for the first 5 accounts and (B) a charge of £25 per account for the next 10 accounts and (C) a charge of £250 per account for any further accounts. This is separate to and does not waive any claim for damages.
The reason for these fees is to discourage unacceptable behaviour within our community and to fund and allow us to cover our administration costs in administrating such behaviour. In addition, such fees fund the legal costs in taking action against offenders, in order to aim for a "pest free community".
If ever you need to call, email or write to our crew, staff or support team then please remember your manners. Abusive behaviour/behavior is not acceptable and may lead to prosecution.
Please do your bit and report technical faults ...and people causing trouble! You can use the links in the contact Section [and for abusive members, the links on their Profiles too]. It's everyone's responsibility to do this ...including yours! Just ask if you want to remain anonymous to the member you have reported. Reporting bad conduct really does make the place better :]
Don't encourage others to misbehave!
If you’re struggling with something [such as understanding how to use a feature on Faceparty], you are always very welcome to give us a call. Remember, there's a whole heap of other Members who can give you help and advice on how to use stuff ...and it's good for you to interact!
We do our best to make Faceparty as safe as possible ...and you play a vital role in this too!
Purchases & Subscriptions
You can cancel your account at any time, by following the instructions provided in the My Settings section of your account.
CANCELLING A PAID-FOR SERVICE:
You can cancel any premium subscription to Faceparty [such as an AVS or Cool Tools subscription] whenever you like, at any time and without further charges or penalties. Just give us a call, or follow the instructions in the My Settings section of your account. Details are also in the confirmation email you were sent upon purchase.
Billing & Order Helpline:
Call us on 0800 865 4865.
Calls are free from within the UK. From outside of the UK please click here.
I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF.
We hope you will be pleased with your purchase :]
If any item arrived damaged or unusable, then please give us a call!
Should you wish to return anything tangible [physical items, such as T-Shirts or Keyrings], we’ll happily refund or exchange a product provided it's still in a fully resalable condition. Returns should be made within a resalable time [14 days] and in the original, undamaged packaging.
Returns should be made to I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF, United Kingdom. Remember to include your Returns [or Delivery] Note if you have one ...if not, remember to give us your Full Name, Address, Member Name and Phone Number [so we know who you are and so we can get in touch if there’s any problems]. Make clear whether you want a replacement item or a refund. If you can, please call us first.
If we find that a physical item has not been returned to us in a fully resalable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item.
If you're returning a physical item because it is damaged or defective, or because of an error on our part, we will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and pay for your costs in returning it to us :]
We regret that we cannot offer refunds for Event Tickets, unless the event is cancelled.
Refunds for any on-line services [such as AVS or Cool Tools] are governed by the Service Level Agreement, lower down on this page.
All premium subscription services (such as AVS and Cool Tools) are non refundable once you have received and started using the service. However you may opt to cancel the service and obtain a full refund provided that you do so within 14 days of payment and you have not begun to use the service.
If for any reason your premium subscription service does not work, you agree to notify us immediately so that we can fix it. If we do not fix it within 14 days, you are entitled to a full refund. In any event you will be compensated for each day of outage, either by complimentary days of service at the end of your agreement or in accordance with the Service Level Agreement lower down on this page.
Delivery of Goods:
Please allow 14 days for the delivery of physical goods [such as T-Shirts etc.]. If the item you are ordering is custom made for you, then please allow an additional 28 days for delivery.
Products we are Unable to Refund or Exchange:
We are unable to offer a refund or exchange on any specially ordered or customised products [for example a T-Shirt with your name on].
We will refund your original delivery charge when a product is faulty or damaged, but not when a product is simply unwanted.
All Premium Subscription Services, such as Cool Tools or AVS are non transferable and apply to one member account only. This is the account from which the product or subscription was purchased.
Faceparty is available as a website and as an app. Unless otherwise stated, purchasing upgrades on the website does not also upgrade your app and vice versa; the website and app are separate products (even though you can log on to both platforms with the same account) and unless otherwise stated, upgrading each will require separate and/or additional payments.
Discounts, special offers and/or reduced fees made available to new customers are not automatically or always available to existing customers.
The Company reserves the right to increase or reduce the price or alter the design, style, content or features of any product except for premium subscription services (such as AVS or Cool Tools) at any time and without notice, explanation or liability.
The Company reserves the right to increase or reduce the price or alter the design, style, content or features of any premium subscription services (such as AVS or Cool Tools) at any time and without explanation or liability and as follows: without notice to any customers who do not currently have an existing subscription to the same service or with 28 days notice to any customers who already have an existing subscription to the same service, allowing the customer to cancel if they wish.
When you make a payment, you confirm that you are permitted to use the payment source.
If your payment results in an overdraft [or other fee] from your bank, you alone are responsible for paying these fees - make sure that you have the funds you need to pay for your purchases.
In the unlikely event that a charge is made to your account by mistake, you agree that you will notify us immediately.
To the fullest extend permitted by law you waive all claims against The Company relating to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
You are responsible for and agree to reimburse The Company for all charge-backs, fees, fines, penalties and other liabilities incurred by The Company [including costs and related expenses] that were caused by or arising out of any Fraudulent Payments made by you [for example if you use a stolen credit card] or any Fraudulent Claims made by you in relation to payments that you authorised or accepted.
Service Levels and Liabilities
Service Level Agreement:
• You agree to notify us immediately of any bug, error, omission or fault.
• We try our hardest to make sure our services are always available to you. However, we cannot guarantee it. This is because servers [like any computers] can sometimes break and because we are dependent on third party services [such as internet connections] which can sometimes fail.
• We aim for an uptime of 99.9%.
• For the purposes of assessing refunds and calculating compensation, the Service Level Agreement [SLA] is 95% of availability and up-time in any calendar month. This means that you agree to and expect outages amounting to a total of 5% of the availability of the Website [in any calendar month] judged either by time [the duration of outages divided by the duration of the month] or page impressions [the quantity of error pages divided by the total number of pages served in a month].
• For the purposes of assessing refunds and calculating compensation, a page will be deemed correctly served so long as it loads fully and correctly before your browser initiates a time-out.
• You agree that the maximum compensation available to you in the event of any breach of the SLA is limited to the total amount of money that you have paid to The Company in the same calendar month of the breach.
• You agree that compensation shall be calculated as: ((the total days of outage in a calendar month) divided by (the number of days in the same calendar month)) times by (the amount paid in the same calendar month).
You are responsible and liable for all of your activities while participating in Faceparty and its associated features and services. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say, publish or post.
You must not use this Website if by doing so you are violating any laws in your country.
Some users may post Internet website links in their area. Please be advised that The Company is not in control of nor responsible for the content on the websites associated with the links you may view. Some content and links on the Internet may contain offensive content and may not be suitable for children. We encourage parents to join their children as they surf and explore the Internet.
The Company is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post.
You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service (such as content in a message, or on a Profile). The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
When using the Website, downloading a Faceparty App or other software, or when using the Website or a Faceparty App on a mobile or cellular device, you agree to bear the cost of the data transfer used, as set by your network provider/s.
You can control who interacts with you by clicking the My Settings link of your account.
All content that a Member publishes to their Profile or elsewhere on the Website (including but not limited to text and pictures) is considered to be part of the public domain and the Internet. It is not possible to control or monitor against the theft of any element that goes to make up your Profile or any other user-generated element of the Website and as such you should be aware that any information or content that you post is freely available to members of the public. The Company is not responsible for any theft or infringement resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the Website. If you don't want something to be publically available, don't post it!
When you delete any of the content you have posted or uploaded, it is deleted from our database in real-time. However, you understand and agree that this content may persist in backup copies and web-caches for a reasonable period of time. Internet search engines, such as Google, may also maintain a "cached copy" of your content until they next re-index the Website.
Whenever you upload any content to or via the Website which is covered by intellectual property rights, for example but not limited to photos and videos, you specifically grant The Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence/license to use the content. One of many examples to the purpose of this licence/license would be to enable The Company to publish your content on your personal Profile on your behalf.
The Company, its appointed agents and/or hosts who manage the Website and its services may eject or ban users, as well as remove postings that violate or are suspected of violating these Terms & Conditions.
• These Terms & Conditions form a legally binding agreement [the "Agreement"] between you and The Company.
• If we fail to enforce any part of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver, nor will it imply acceptance or tolerance of any behaviour/behavior.
• Any waiver to any part of this Agreement must be agreed by [and signed by] The Company.
• This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
• The Company reserves the right to add, remove or amend any freely available functionality, feature or service of the Website (i.e. features which are available to you without having to pay a fee to The Company) at any time and without notice, explanation or liability, without limitation.
• The Company reserves the right to delete Profiles, Member accounts and user-generated areas and/or content at any time without notice, explanation or liability aside from the liabilities as agreed in the Service Level Agreement. One of the many examples to the purpose of this right might be to enable The Company to comply with any new laws, for example if a new law required Members to be a minimum age of 21. Another example might be to cater for any change in the direction of the business.
• The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
• If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provisions of this Agreement would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the provision, in which case the entirety of the relevant provision will be deemed to be deleted).
• Headings in this Agreement are only for convenience and shall not be used in interpreting, construing, performing or enforcing this Agreement.
• You agree that The Company may communicate with you electronically in relation to or for the issuing of any Notices in terms of this Agreement. This may be by email, Faceparty Message or a notice published on the website.
• You agree to have an accurate email address on file at all times, as configured in the My Settings section of your account.
• You may be presented with additional Terms & Conditions, relating to a specific Purchase, Service, Event, Party or Product [for example if you purchase an AVS or Cool Tools]. In these instances, those additional terms will also apply.
• For the benefit of this Agreement, the word "Member" which refers to a Member of the Website [and its plural "Members"] shall extend to include Guest Users.
• You consent to the Assignment, Novation or Transfer of (a) this Agreement and (b) your Data and (c) of your Purchases and Payment Details and (d) of your Member Account and Profile to the Assignee, should the Assignee purchase or licence/license the Website or part thereof. We guarantee that such Assignment, Novation or Transfer would only be made if the Assignee is a Registered Data Controller and PCI DSS Compliant.
• If anyone brings a claim against The Company related to (a) your conduct on or in relation to Faceparty, or (b) the content that you uploaded to Faceparty, you agree to indemnify us against all losses, damages and expenses [including but not limited to reasonable legal fees and costs] related to any such claim.
• You agree to bring any claim or dispute in relation to this Agreement [or any claim in relation to the operation of the Website] directly to and/or against The Company [the Licensee] and not to and/or against Intellectual Property and Data Ltd [the Licensor]. You agree to indemnify the Licensor against any costs and expenses that they incur in your failure to do this.
If you arrange to meet up with another Internet user, always tell a friend where you are going. Always meet in a public place. Do not be afraid to walk away if you feel uncomfortable.
Time for a Change?
In the event of any conflict between these Terms & Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms & Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Keep in Touch!
Any problems, please give us a call on 0800 865 4865 or write to us at:
I Blame Television Ltd, PO Box 184, Whitstable, CT5 3WF.
Calls are free from within the UK. From outside of the UK please click here.